EDI Generator Integration
EDI Generator (EDIG) can automatically fetch and process EDI documents that you receive via AS2, and submit responses (e.g. X12 997/ACKs) and other composed documents (e.g. X12 855 PO ACKs) back to your AS2 platform for sending out.
Integrating AS2 Gateway with EDI Generator has 3 steps:
- Configure AWS S3 integration on your AS2 Gateway account.
- Configure EDIG integration on your AS2 Gateway account.
- Configure your EDIG account tenant with your AWS S3 credentials.
Before proceeding, make sure that you have registered an account on EDIG.
Configure AWS S3 integration
EDIG will pull source EDI files from an AWS S3 bucket, and upload outbound files to the same bucket. So you first need to have a S3 bucket configured, as the bridge between your AS2 Gateway (AS2G) and EDIG accounts.
Currently EDI Generator only supports S3 buckets located in the
us-east-1(North Virginia) region.
If you already have an AWS (Amazon Web Services) account, you can easily create a new bucket. Even if you are new to AWS, you can create a new account for free, quite easily.
The integration will only use two specific prefixes (subpaths/subdirectories) on this bucket, so you can safely reuse any existing bucket as well; however we recommend creating a new dedicated bucket for use in this integration.
You can follow the standard AS2G S3 integration guide for this step.
After this step,
- any files received from your partners will be persisted into the S3 bucket, and become available for consumption by EDIG (or any other system with adequate access).
- any files placed by EDIG (or any other system) into your S3 bucket will automatically be picked up and sent out by AS2G.
Configure EDIG integration
This step will instruct AS2G to send notifications to your EDIG account whenever an EDI file is received from an EDIG-enabled partner, so that EDIG can pick up and process them in real time.
- Navigate to the EDIG Integration page.
- Enter the account name (tenant name) that you chose when creating the EDIG account.
- Click Setup EDIG.
After this step, AS2G will start sending notifications to your EDIG account, containing metadata and file paths of incoming EDI files.
Note: Make sure to also enable EDIG integration on the partners who would be sending EDI files to you.
AS2G automatically filters incoming files from your EDIG-enabled partners, based on MIME type (Content-Type) and filename extension, and only forwards files recognized as EDI content, to EDIG. If this current filtering scheme does not suit your needs (e.g. if one of your partners sends EDI files with .txt extension), please turn off the Filter EDI switch under Advanced Options as a temporary resolution, and inform our support team regarding the filtering issue.
Configure your EDIG account tenant
This step will allow EDIG to process incoming AS2G notifications (enabled in the previous step) by fetching corresponding files from the S3 bucket.
- Navigate to the tenant configuration page on EDIG.
- Under the MFT Gateway Integration section:
- for Account ID, enter the domain name of your AS2G account.
- for AS2 ID, enter the AS2 identifier of the trading station through which you would be receiving EDI documents. EDIG does not currently support receiving EDI files targeted to multiple identities/stations; however, even after this support is added in the future, your current AS2G side configurations would continue to work without any issues.
- for S3 Bucket, enter the name of the bucket that was configured to receive incoming files from AS2G.
- for S3 Access Key, enter an AWS IAM access key that has read and write access to the bucket.
- for S3 Secret Key, enter the access secret (secret access key) for the above access key.
- Click Update.
Note: In order to properly process incoming EDI documents, your EDIG account needs additional configurations (such as your ISA/GS identifiers, and EDI formats/definitions for your expected document types). Configuring these is out of this guide’s scope; however you can conveniently follow the relevant EDIG documentation to set them up quickly and easily.